Saturday, October 20, 2012

C4T Post #2

Miss Jenny She

In Ms. She's post entitled Ipads in My Classroom, Ms. She points out how happy she is about the opportunity to use this new tool in her classroom. In the beginning, Ms. She expressed a little nervousness and possibly agitation at having to incorporate the Ipad into her learning curriculum. This is probably what many teachers will feel as well. Possibly, they will feel that the ipad is to be used as a replacement for worksheets or busy work and I feel that this would be and is a huge mistake. Children will and can use the ipad for entertainment whenever possible and I feel that if I am granted the chance to have these advantages in my classroom I would use them to enhance the students learning experience. Ms. She has not taken the easy way out however and has download several math and literacy based apps for her students to learn with.

In her second post, posted August, 2011, she talks about the in class uses of Google Plus. She Relates a personal experience about her one of her siblings using Google Hangout to group study with some of her classmates. I think that this is a powerful tool that teachers will use in their classrooms to help students do group projects without having to travel long distances or find a convenient time and place for the group to meet. Ms. She is an interesting teacher to read and I hope she continues to use the available technology to better her students and herself.
Google app icons

No comments:

Post a Comment