Sunday, December 2, 2012

C4K #4

Zachary G. and the School of Rock

Zachary G. is writing about the incredible Ivan. His story covered in three different posts but I will include them all."George doesn’t want Ruby to end up like Stella. He puts up a poster that says home on it. Ivan made the poster. George, Ivan and Julia are trying to protect Ruby. The meaning of principal is a deed.Stella said”can you make a promise to keep Ruby safe” to Ivan. Ivan can’t keep that promise because he is in another enclosure. The next morning Ivan knew Stella died before anyone else. Ivan didn’t sleep all night because Stella used the word promise and Stella never uses that word.Julia and Ivan have a special bond. They both love art. Julia is so different because she sees Ivan as an intelligent creature. Julia can see and understand Ivan’s drawings better than the other kids. The other children think it is cool to have a gorilla drawing on their wall, so they will pay for it. The drawings are important to Mack because he makes money from them. They are important to Julia because she sees them as beautiful pieces of art. They make her feel connected to Ivan." I left him a comment telling him that I had read all of his Incredible Ivan posts and encouraging him to keep writing.

Zela and the book Speak
 Book cover for Speak. Features falling leaves and a pair of eys.
"Speak" Reflection This book was actually really good! At first I didn't think that it would because I don't really like things about rape because I don't know how to handle it. This book showed me that not everybody has a perfect life and doesn't have problems. Even though this book dealt with grave things like rape, it also showed that the "popular" people have things to hide as well. I think people look at the so called popular people like they either have or get everything they want so why would they hurt their reputation over something stupid. Like I mentioned before not everybody is perfect and this book helped me realize it. Posted by Kela Wilson at 9:22 AM
I responded to her like this..."Hey Kela, My name is Sidney Jensen and I am a student in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama. I read all of your posts about Melinda and Speak. I have not read this book myself but my sister read this book for school last year and after a quick call home, I got a quick synopsis of the book. It sounds like a good read. Do you think that Melinda's art teacher could have done anymore to help her? Do you feel that you could have forgiven her for ruining the party? Please let me know at my blog jensensidneyedm310.blogspot.com"

Jennifer and her Reflections of Speak.
This book seems to be popping up all over the place. Jennifer also posted a comment about the Book Speak. She posts "Second time reading Speak...still as amazing as when I read it when I was ten years old. This book seems to always give chills down my spine, why? Because it reveals some struggles of a 14-years old girl who was afraid to speak up for herself so instead she kept quiet and changed her whole personality due to that one tragedy. This book reveals thought of what some kids think when they have experienced something so horrible that they are afraid to say anything scared that they may be hurt again or be picked on for what has happened to them. If I could rate this I would rate it 4.5/5." I responded to her like this: Hey Jennifer, I am Sidney Jensen. I am a student in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama. You are the second high school student I have commented to about this book "Speak". I may have to go and read it after the semester is over. I am glad that you can take so many important concepts from the book. I am not sure I understand your rating system but I would love to hear more about why you feel so strongly about this book. If you would like, I invite you to comment on my blog at jensensidneyedm310.blogspot.com. I hope you have a great school year and good luck in your future readings.

1 comment: