Sunday, November 11, 2012

C4K Posts and Responses for October 2012

Charlie's Post
In her post,Charlietells a story about two girls from a book she recently I loved listening to her tell the story she had read in her own words.

Anders and Sharks

In his post, Anders said this, "Sharks are one of the fastest fish. Sharks wave their tails side to side. They have good senses. I think they are the scariest fish in the ocean." I shared this with him. "My name is Sidney Jensen and I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I don’t like sharks at all, but I think that there might be a few down here in the summer time. They are scary but scary doesn’t mean bad, and there are so many different kinds, too. Please keep writing and learning and write me back if you can. This is my blog at jensensidneyedm310.blogspot.com."

Special Blog Post for Week 3

This post was from two teachers in Ireland, and I was assigned to comment on the Irish Blessing, as shown below.
 Irish Blessing

I responded like this, "I really love this quote. This is one of the most famous verses in Ireland. I have sang several versions of it over my career in both high school and Allstate choral groups. I really love the second line, "may the wind be ever at your back,". I love the idea of being propelled forward to change and a better tomorrow. I pray you all have a great time in Ireland and let me know about any other beautiful verses. Feel free to message me on my email or twitter. You can find both on my blog at jensensidneyedm310.blogspot.com."
Brittany C's Post

“Kids here is the list of things u need to back” Mom says and hands us a list of things to pack.
“But mom thats a lot of things to pack in this little time” Tyler says.
“ Its not all for you two. It’s for all of us. “okay we’re going to go pack out cloths and stuff” Tyler and I said. I got all of our dirty clothes and put them in the laundry. After that, I went up stairs and started to pick out some of my clothes.
“Pack warm clothes it’s going to be cold up there” Mom yells up to us.
“okay mom” we say back. I packed most of my clothes. It was hard to pick what to pack because I didn’t know what I wanted to wear when I got up there. After I got most of my clothes packed I came down stairs. I looked at the list I decided to started to gather all the fishing things and set them out in the garage. I helped my mom pack to food. We got all the food packed but the cold stuff.
“We will pack the cold stuff early in the morning” mom says. I put the clothes in the dryer after they were done washing. Then, I went and took a shower. After I got out, I asked my mom if she needed any help.
She said “no I think we got most of the things we need packed”
We can’t forget about the cold food in the morning” I told mom.
“I will set the box by the freezer so we don’t forget” It was about nine pm now. I went to bed early so I could get up early and help finish packing the stuff and help load it.
I wake up at my alarm beeping at me. I looked at the alarm clock and seen it was only five am.
“Ugh I wanna go back to bed” I say to myself. I layed in bed for about another five minutes. I got up and finished packing my clothes and stuff. I set my bag by the door so I wouldn’t forget it. That would have been bad if I did. I hopped in the shower after that. I got dressed and did my hair. By that time my mom and her boyfriend were up and getting ready. I went upstairs and woke up my brother.
“Do I have to wake up now?” Tyler says.
“Yes you do it’s seven and you need to help load the truck up” I reply back.
“Ugh fine!” he says in a grumpy mood. I went back downstairs and helped my mom pack the cold food. After we were done we all checked and made sure we got everything we needed. We locked up the house and got into the car and went to meet the other people that were going with us.
We pull up into the gas station in Cassville,Wisconsin. My mom put gas in the truck and I went in and used the restroom before we started our long journey to Canada
“Pick out something to eat and something to drink” Mom told my brother and I.
So we did and we payed for it and went back into the truck.
“This is going to be a long and boring ride” I told my brother.
“Yeah no joke. At least I have my fone and at least we have little tvs so we can watch movies.” I reply back to him.
There we go and pull out of the gas station and were on our way to Canada. I loved that we were going to be going to Canada for a week, but I don’t like the thought about riding in a truck the whole time up there.
“Are we going to stop at any hotels and stay overnight ?” I ask my mom.
“Yes we will drive all today and all to night and stay over at a hotel tomorrow night.”
So I was glad that we would stay over at a hotel. I got the movie case out and picked out a movie. I picked Saw two. I put it in and after like an hour after watching it I fell asleep. My brother fell asleep after like twenty minutes into the ride. I slept for about two and a half hours.
I woke up and ask “Are we there yet?”
“No not even close” mom replies back at me.
“Ugh fine” I said. So I just shut my eyes and listened to my ipod.
After a while, we found a sit down diner and we went there and ate. It was nice to get out of the truck and stretched out my legs. I was getting tired of sitting in the truck. We waked into the restaurant and had to wait to be seated. We didn’t have to wait long. We got seated.
“What would you guys like to drink?” the waiter say. Then, we told them what we wanted. We looked at the menu and decided what we wanted to eat. The waitress came back with our drinks.
“Are you ready to order or do you guys still need a while?” The waiter asked us.
“Um I think we’re ready to order.” My mom said. So, we told her what we wanted to order. While they were making out food I listened to music on my ipod and texted and my brother was playing his DS. It took them about twenty minutes or so to cook all of our food. Finally, our food was done. I was the first to get my food. I put away my ipod and phone and started eating. The food was really good. After we were all done eating my brother and I went and played games for about fifteen minutes.
“Kids you ready to get back on the road?” My mom asked us.
“Not really but whatever.” I reply back.
So we got back into the truck. It was about three hours until we got to the hotel we were going to be staying at a hotel for the night. It was going to be a boring three hour ride. I just did the normal as I have been doing. Listening to my ipod and texting my friends.
We got to the hotel and got our bags out and went into the hotel and checked in and went up to our room. We were on the fourth floor. When we got in our rooms we got our swimming suits on and went down to the pool. I went into the hot tube first.The pool area was huge! It had a kiddy area, a hot tube area, and a water park like area. We swam for about an hour and a half. We went back up to our room and took showers and got ready to go out to eat and go bowling.
After we got done getting ready we went to a fancy diner. We had to wait ten minutes before we got seated. It was really packed. When we got seated the girl asked us what we wanted to drink and what we wanted to eat so we all told her what we wanted.
“This is going to take forever for our food because this place is so packed” I told the people who were at my table.
“Yeah no kidding” my brother says. Twenty-five minutes later our food arrived. I was starving by then. We ate and then went bowling and went home.
After we got done bowling we went back to the hotel and went to bed. The next morning we got up at six pm. We all got our showers done and headed out on the road again. We had three and a half hours before we get into Canada. I slept for two and half hours of the trip. Then for an hour I watched a movie.
“We are officially in Canada kids” my mom tells us.
“Yay!! Finally!” my brother and I yelled.
“I’m so glad we don’t have to sit in the truck any longer.” I said. It was about twenty minutes before we get to where we will be staying. I just listened to my ipod and looked at the window. It was pretty view up there.
Twenty minutes later we get to the place where we will be staying. We stayed in a cabin and the cabin was huge. It was pretty cool too. We got there and my mom and I unloaded all the boxes. The guys went down to the lake and put the boat in the water and tied it to the dock. I have to say it is way warmer in Iowa than Canada. It was only fourty-five degrees out up where we were. We were next to the lake too so it was even colder. It was cold in the cabin when we first walked in. We turned the heat up right away. The guys went up to the office and told the owner we were here and they payed him. They also got wood for the campfire. As the guys were doing that my mom was putting the food away and I was making the beds. After I was done making the beds, I unpacked my clothes. It was about five pm. So we just decided to eat and just chill out for the night.
“Any ideas for supper?” Mom asks us.
“Do we have stuff to make homemade pizza?” I ask
“Yes, I do. That is what I will make than.” Mom says.
So while she started to make supper I help her get everything together. I was cooking the hamburger and she was getting the dough ready and getting the other stuff out. “Do you need me to do anything else?” I asked my mom
“No I can get it from here.Thanks for helping” Mom says.
“No problem.” I reply back.
So now I decided to go take a shower and get my lazy clothes on. By the time I was out of the shower the pizza was done.
“Mmm this pizza is the best Mom!!” My brother says.
“Yes I have to agree with you.” I said.
After we were done eating,I helped put the food away and did the dishes for my mom. When I was done we all sat down and watched movies. We watched two movies and then went to bed so we could get up early the next morning.
“Okay guys I’m going to bed so I can get up early. Goodnight.” Mom said.
“Goodnight Mom.” My brother and I said.
So we all went to bed.
It was seven the next morning and I’m just waking up. I got up and started to help my mom make breakfast. We had bacon,eggs,hashbrowns,and toast. After we were done eating I went and took a shower and got ready to head out on the lake. After we all took our showers, we stuff to go out on the lake. It was freezing outside. I had a lot of clothes on.
“We got everything packed and ready to go?” My mom asked us.
“Yes I just need to get my boots on and then i’m ready to go.” I said.
We walked down to the boat and put our things into the boat. Then, we all got in. We headed out on the lake. It was really really cold out when we were riding in the boat. We spent the whole day fishing. I got really bored and wanted to go back the cabin.
“I am not coming out on the boat for the rest of the time we are here.I will go find something else to do.” I told them.
“Fine but you will get bored there too.” My mom said.
“No I won’t I’ll have more fun in the cabin then sitting here freezing my butt off.” I said back.
So when we got back I went and took a hot shower and got warm lazy clothes on. I had mac and cheese for supper that night. Then I went to bed.
The next day I got to sleep in while they got up early and went out fishing. I slept in until noon. Then, I got up and made something to eat and watched tv and was lazy all day. I do have to say it was nice staying in the cabin alone and being lazy for the day.
It was six pm and they are just getting back. I made supper for myself and they had something else.
“How was it today? Did you guys get anything? Was it cold out like yesterday?” I asked.
“It was good today. Yes, we did get something. We got twenty fish so thats what we will have for supper. And yes it was a little chilly out today. What did you today?”
“Gross!! I’m not having fish. Plus I already had supper. I slept in until noon then got up and made something to eat and then watched movies all day and was lazy. It was nice not having anyone here.”
So they started to make their supper while I went and looked at the fish. They were really weird looking. After they ate we all watched movies.
“Tomorrow is our last day. Better enjoy it while you can.” mom says.
“Yes I will enjoy it because I will be going to the gift shop and going to buy some shirts.” I said.
“Okay I will leave to some money. Can you load up the bedding and stuff please?” mom asks me.
“Yes I will get up at eight and started loading things and then take a shower then go to the gift shop.” I said.
“Thank you.” mom said.
“Your Welcome.” I said.
So now we all went to bed.
The next morning I got up at seven and got in the shower and got ready for the day. after I was out of the shower I went and made something to eat. Then, I got everything packed up and started to put things in the truck while the others were out on the lake. After I packed everything and put it in the truck I went to the gift shop and went and looked at what I wanted to buy. I got a sweatshirt and a t-shirt. Then, after I got done there I just went back to the cabin and relaxed.
About two hours later they came back. My mom packed all the food and the guys loaded the up. Then, we went to the office and checked out and headed home. I had a blast there. I hope we come back to the same place soon.
The ride home was really long and boring like on the way here.

My Response
Hey there Brittany, My name is Sidney Jensen and I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I really enjoyed your story about your trip to Canada. You have a really good memory to have all that stuff written down and so accurately, too. I would like to know where you went, it sounds like it was a lot of fun. I wish I could have a “lazy day” in some “lazy cloths”. If you have the time, you should check out my blog at jensensidneyedm310.blogspot.com.

1 comment:

  1. Sharks, Irish Blessings and a long story or autobiography. What a range! Well done.

    ReplyDelete