Sunday, November 25, 2012

Post #13

Repetition is the best Teacher?

As we near the end of the course, I feel like we continue to beat a dead horse as far as content. I really begin to see that we need the repetition to reinforce that we can involve our students from day one in our classroom. As teachers, our responsibilities to our students must include preparing them for what is to come. This includes the job and higher education markets. That being said, I would like to focus on what is different about these two videos. I decided to embed the video "Back to the Future" because I feel that it offers the best examples for us to use in our classes.

One of the things I love about this video is that the teacher demonstrated that one subject, like science, can bleed over into other subjects. Note how he used a science project and included in it principles from English and writing skills, math ,and reading comprehension. I also loved how he involved every child, no matter if they were "at risk", impoverished, or even unable to physically attend class because of health risk. All students deserve the chance to have a class experience that is positive. The A Vision of Students Today video showed its viewer the truth about how relevant a role technology plays in the life of students. I was not that surprised that students don't read their assigned readings simply because I believe that they aren't tested on the reading as a whole but on small points that are covered in the in class discussion of the work. I hope to change that in my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment